Our client has established itself as a top UK digital agency based in London, LA and South Africa. A Digital Marketing Agency that specialises in building websites, eCommerce platforms and mobile apps and conducting digital marketing, including SEO, PPC, Social and influencer for the premium and luxury market. They make sure that their clients’ websites and mobile applications are targeted and optimised for the right customer groups that will result in the highest conversion and ROI. Working with many recognised national and international brands ranging from SME’s to large scale global brands.
They are looking for a senior developer; with strong skills in front-end developer, WordPress and WooCommerce to join their team based in Century City. You will be working with a wide variety of projects, including websites for top global brands.
Spend time with a great team, while enhancing your career and having fun taking part in some amazing projects. Work with the Lead Developer and improve the development team, focusing on technology and the growth of the technology side of the business.
Alongside their WordPress skills, they love to explore new technologies, including Vagrant, Elasticsearch, React and React Native and Ionic 2 Framework for app development.
Ø Min 3+ years similar experience
Ø Relevant tertiary advantageous
· Excellent experience with WordPress
· Excellent experience with WooCommerce.
· Excellent experience writing clean, semantic HTML5
· Excellent experience writing well organised, maintainable CSS
· Solid experience working from design mockups.
· Proficient Photoshop skills for development needs.
· Mobile and responsive design knowledge.
· Understanding of front-end performance optimisation techniques
· Knowledge of version control systems, in particular Mercurial and/or Git
· Experience with CSS pre-processors, in particular Less and Sass/SCSS.
· Experience writing object-oriented PHP code, in particular the use of “full-stack” MVC frameworks like Laravel
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, Glacier, SES, SQS and Route 53.
· Knowledge of Linux systems, in particular CentOS.
· iOS and Android development experience
· Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs.
Hands on Responsibilities:
· Encourage standard development environments and workflows
· Help the Lead developer optimise all technical processes to ensure documentation is accurate and up to date
· Working on the back end of websites and training those more junior to understand the process
· Developing new features for websites
· Integrating with third party APIs
· Front end development
· Assisting the producer with technical specifications and project viability / planning
· To support production team with live projects and to support sales and marketing to understand client requirements
· Debugging and resolving issues
· Improving test coverage, procedure and documentation
www.studio29.co.za / firstname.lastname@example.orgApply