- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices.
Where you can make a difference:
A technology company offering innovative, customer-centric solutions, are looking for a talented Web Developer who is passionate about building products used by millions of people. You will be part of a very competent team that works on mission critical applications contributing in all phases of the development process. You will be responsible for front-end development, supporting business objectives while providing expertise in full software development lifecycle, from concept and design, to testing.
- Building and maintenance of user interfaces and client-side web applications on our commercial platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and other departments as needed.
- Development work aligned to the coding methodology.
- Support of applications and environment while working with on-site and remote development teams.
- The core focus of this role will be front-end web technologies where they use CSS/JS/HTML, AngularJS 1.5, Bootstrap
- Be Curious, Be Collaborative, Be Courageous, Be Creative.
- Excellent communication: Strong written and oral communication skills which can be adapted to a range of audiences
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues
- Analytical and organised
- Ability to think creatively and take an innovative and flexible approach to problem-solving in a fast-changing technology driven company
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Willingness to assist with or perform tasks outside of own job description and function as required
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership and be accountable for results and actions take
- Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT), B.Sc. Computer Science, or equivalent
- Degree a significant advantage
- Proficiency with Linux (CentOS)
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies and embracing of their values and principles
- Have significant experience developing Enterprise Grade applications at scale
- Have excellent technical documentation skills, and excellent communication across multiple cultures and time zones
- Understanding of SQL databases such as MySQL, and integration of data from various back-end services and databases
- Familiarity with Version Control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with: Java 8, Spring, Spring Data, Jersey, Hibernate, Kafka, Avro, Tomcat, JUnit, Facebook API, Twitter API
- Familiarity with Web UI: CSS/JS/HTML, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Familiarity with Databases: Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, Liquibase, ETL, BI reporting and data integration tools
- Familiarity with Logging: Log4j, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash, FileBeats
- Familiarity with: AWS (Amazon Web Services), SonarQube, Jenkins, Maven, XMPP, JIRA