Team Leader - Recruitment
An International Recruiting agency is setting up a branch in Cape Town. They are looking for a Team Leader to join their team. Office-based, great salary & commission structure.
The Team Lead will work closely with our Senior Recruiters to manage sourcing of candidates, interviewing and screening processes. To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have strong team management background, excellent client liaison skills and experience screening and evaluating candidates. The Lead Team leader will manage a team of Senior and Junior recruitment consultants
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Developing and implementing a timeline to achieve targets.
- Delegating roles to team members.
- Conducting training of team members to maximize their potential.
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures (e.g. job application and onboarding processes)
- Supervise the recruiting team and report on its performance.
- Keep track of recruiting metrics
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs.
- Help to build our client-base through business development
- Source, review and process candidate CVs and portfolios
- Write compelling and targeted job adverts that excite the job market
- Conduct in-depth candidate interviews to qualify their aspirations and job fit
- Talent map and create talent pools for the incoming pipeline of roles
- Coordinate interviews for candidates and clients.
- Help to shape our processes and systems
- At least 5 years recruitment experience with at least 2 of those in a Team Lead role
- Proven work experience as a Team Lead Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Manager in IT recruitment.
- Proven track record in billing and managing successful teams
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks (LinkedIn)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
- Strong decision-making skills
Senior IT Recruitment Consultant – Job Specification
The Technical Recruiter responsibilities include sourcing, screening, and providing qualified candidates for various technical roles in the international market. You will also network with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals.
Ultimately, you will build a strong tech talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our IT positions. You will build strong relationships to gain a better understanding of your clients' recruitment needs and requirements.
As a recruitment consultant, you are the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse. It involves:
• Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment.
• Write and post technical job descriptions.
• Source potential candidates through various platforms.
• Have specialised skills and qualifications to screen IT resumes.
• Craft and send personalised recruiting emails with current job openings to potential candidates.
• Perform pre-screening calls to analyse applicants’ abilities.
• Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g., structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioural questions).
• Analyse the information and responses obtained through the interview.
• Verifying applicant information, skills, and qualifications
• Present applicant profile to the client account manager and make the recommendation of the candidate as a match to the job specification, emphasising qualification, skills, reasons for wanting a career change and salary details with benefits and perks.
• Arrange and manage interviews by coordinating diary schedules.
• Manage and organise feedback on interviews.
• Negotiate job offers between applicant and client.
• Closing the recruitment process.
• Promote company reputation as a great place to work.
• Keep up to date with new technological trends and products.
Skills and Experience:
• Proven work experience as an IT Technical Recruiter
• International recruitment experience highly advantageous
• Hands-on experience with various interview formats
• Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles.
• Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.
• Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g., social media recruiting and Boolean search)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of HR practices and labour legislation
• Human Resources, IT or other relevant degree
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.