Software Project Manager
Are you ready to make a major change in your life?
Big town salaries & tech – small town vibe & values with a mix of big town entertainment & country living. The Garden Route offers it all. If you are ready to semi-grate, we have an opportunity for you to be part of an inclusive, fun and high performing organisation based in George.
A well-established, stable & successful software house working with local and international clients. Leaders in their industry with a focus on innovation and new technologies and platforms like Micro services, SOLID principles, Docker, Kafka, Mongo DB, RESTful, json, Azure, Machine Learning, AI, Python, etc.
With a team of around 40 smart & passionate people in the software division, projects are varied and interesting.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to join this expanding team. Growing and scaling fast globally, career growth is guaranteed for the right person.
If you have a passion for all things technical and a solid work ethic, join this collaborative team who work together to achieve the business goals, constantly looking to add value to their customers.
What will the average day look like?
- Create, maintain and track project plans, schedules, problem logs and progress throughout the life of the project.
- Develop project objectives and specification documents.
- Ensure the requirements are clearly defined and thoroughly understood by the development and testing teams.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, conduct software team meetings and assist in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Coordinate communication between internal resources and stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate any critical issues to management.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders and provide timely feedback.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure the work tracking system is always up to date.
- Manage and communicate changes effectively.
- Vet issues and log appropriate development tickets into workflow management system.
- Assist with software testing where necessary.
- Relevant degree, diploma or qualification.
- A general understanding of different Software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, RAD).
- An understanding of JIRA, Trello, Microsoft DevOps or similar Project Management Software.
- Experience using Slack, Teams, Telegram or similar team collaboration tools.
- A learner mindset and the ability to solve problems effectively.
This role is permanent/full-time. If you are wanting to make a difference in your work/home/life balance then this is the role for you
Live & work on the beautiful Garden Route
Sometimes in the midst of a crisis, the Universe throws us an opportunity to reset our lives. Working & living in a crime infested, smog filled, noisy city may have seemed normal but now that we have had time to reflect, is it?
Nowhere is a 100% safe, but some places are more so and offer food for the soul. The Garden Route is just such a place with all the magnificence it has to offer.
Now is the time to rebalance your world by semi-grating.
Semi-gration is an option for those who seek a better quality of life away from urban crime, congestion and the concrete jungle, to the smaller, safer, scenic places that will decrease stress and provide a better quality of life, without leaving South Africa.
Imagine working for a company who believes you should have a private life? A company who puts family values and happy employees as top priorities. Then imagine leaving work at 5 pm and going for a walk on the beach, or in the forest. Imagine not having to sit in traffic, or spend 2+ hours of your day travelling. Then imagine, on top of all that, a company who has its focus on innovation and new technology. Salaries are based on "big city" market values so your lifestyle improves substantially