Software Development Manager
Innovators of learning experiences and experts in education, passionate about delivery of enriched, versatile, and accessible learning experiences for the betterment of people, society and the world.
· Deliver a multimedia-enriched digital learning experience, meeting the diverse needs of clients and their students.
· Consistently apply themselves in all areas of education and training.
· Empower their employees as educators
· Position themselves as thought leaders at the forefront of academic research, skills and best practice.
This position reports directly to the Head of Development and the Executive Team. The candidate may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· Help build, manage and lead the software development team.
· Guide, coach and mentor software development team.
· Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software design/development.
· Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to Business development.
· Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
· Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software, including but not limited to:
◦ Company System
◦ Content Management System
◦ Technical Support
◦ Video Support Library
· Work with Developers and Product Management throughout the organisation to influence product development assisting or improving products.
· Develop and maintain relations with other departments within the business.
· Ensure top quality design reviews attaining business goals.
· Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals i.e employee PDP goals.
· Help drive strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business priorities in conjunction with the leadership chain and teams.
· Manage and execute software development projects from start to finish.
· Develop and update schedules plus supervise project status as well as approve pull requests.
· Collaborate effectively with all team members and hold regular team meetings which may include:
◦ Weekly meeting
◦ Daily scrum
· Proven track record in a technical leadership/management position.
· Agile Scrum Methodologies
· Strong interest in adaptive learning and AI
· Angular 4+
· Digital Ocean
www.studio29.co.za / firstname.lastname@example.orgApply