This is a full-time, permanent WFH opportunity for a SEO Specialist residing in SA.
This position supports the business by SEO expertise across the organisation’s brands in Australia and New Zealand to help boost overall website performance in line with business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Analyse, review, and implement changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors for SERP optimisation and to improve domain authority, among other measurables.
• Creating high quality backlinks (external domains) using ethical SEO techniques.
• Planning and managing SEO-focused marketing campaigns: analysing copy and other content for suitability and prominence, determining best timing and application channels, etc.
• Researching and advising the Content Team on prime target keywords to incorporate into content creation strategies.
• Providing guidance to content writers for optimising existing and new content and uncovering new content opportunities.
• Mastering and managing off-page SEO campaigns.
• Performing regular site hygiene and health analyses including the on-page and off-page factors of the website, reporting on these and implementing fixes where needed.
• Reporting on the success of your SEO campaigns and other SEO-focused activity.
The essentials you’ll need
• Bachelor degree desirable but not essential.
• Experience with Google and Bing’s services, including Analytics, Keyword and Webmaster Tools.
• A functional understanding of HTML and CSS.
• The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills.
• Proven success in link building and viral strategies.
• The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy.
• A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO.
• A solid grasp of how blogging, media releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
• Experience in successfully building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs.
• A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
• An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the wider marketing team, but also independently to drive desired outcomes.
• Proven problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Ability to teach others about best practice SEO techniques.
Other valuable skills you may have:
• Demonstrable experience in a lead focused business