Senior SQL Developer
Are you ready to make a major change in your life?
Big town salaries & tech – small town vibe & values with a mix of big town entertainment & country living. The Garden Route offers it all. If you are ready to semi-grate, we have an opportunity for you to be part of an inclusive, fun and high performing organisation based in George.
A well-established, stable & successful software house working with local and international clients. Leaders in their industry with a focus on innovation and new technologies and platforms like Micro services, SOLID principles, Docker, Kafka, Mongo DB, RESTful, json, Azure, Machine Learning, AI, Python, etc.
With a team of around 40 smart & passionate people in the software division, projects are varied and interesting.
We’re looking for an experienced SQL Developer / Database Administrator (DBA) to join this expanding team. Growing and scaling fast globally, career growth is guaranteed for the right person.
If you have a passion for all things technical, a solid work ethic and at least 6 years experience in a similar role, join this collaborative team who work together to achieve the business goals, constantly looking to add value to their customers.
You need to be skilled in programming, software engineering, data architecture and data management.
The candidate will be analysing and meeting the organisations need for the management, input and security of data, and developing and identifying the tools that will support these needs. Will also oversee the optimization of SQL queries, database structure, backups and audits, to ensure that the database performs at optimum and remains accessible, secure and stable.
- Managing the development, health and performance of SQL databases
- Configure servers and processes to improve reliability and cut down on development times
- Uphold and enforce database standards for developers when it comes to structure, naming convention, best practice, including guidance on complex queries and processes
- Mentoring, training and knowledge sharing
- Conduct database troubleshooting and maintenance
- Using the requirements specification, design and structure the data and work closely with the developers to ensure the system meets these requirements
- Continually find ways to better handle data and increase system efficiency, aka optimizing queries, changing data structures and automating tasks
- Develop improved methodologies and institute best practices around database security and access
- Support release deployment activities
This role is permanent/full-time and based in George. If you are wanting to make a difference in your work/home/life balance then this is the role for you
Live & work on the beautiful Garden Route
Sometimes in the midst of a crisis, the Universe throws us an opportunity to reset our lives. Working & living in a crime infested, smog filled, noisy city may have seemed normal but now that we have had time to reflect, is it?
Nowhere is a 100% safe, but some places are more so and offer food for the soul. The Garden Route is just such a place with all the magnificence it has to offer.
Now is the time to rebalance your world by semi-grating.
Semi-gration is an option for those who seek a better quality of life away from urban crime, congestion and the concrete jungle, to the smaller, safer, scenic places that will decrease stress and provide a better quality of life, without leaving South Africa.
Imagine working for a company who believes you should have a private life? A company who puts family values and happy employees as top priorities. Then imagine leaving work at 5 pm and going for a walk on the beach, or in the forest. Imagine not having to sit in traffic, or spend 2+ hours of your day travelling. Then imagine, on top of all that, a company who has its focus on innovation and new technology. Salaries are based on "big city" market values so your lifestyle improves substantially