Senior IT Recruitment Consultant
An International Recruiting agency is setting up a branch in Cape Town. They are looking for a Senior IT Recruitment Consultant to join their team. Office-based, great salary & commission structure.
The Technical Recruiter responsibilities include sourcing, screening, and providing qualified candidates for various technical roles in the international market. You will also network with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals.
Ultimately, you will build a strong tech talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our IT positions. You will build strong relationships to gain a better understanding of your clients' recruitment needs and requirements.
As a recruitment consultant, you are the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse. It involves:
• Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment.
• Write and post technical job descriptions.
• Source potential candidates through various platforms.
• Have specialised skills and qualifications to screen IT resumes.
• Craft and send personalised recruiting emails with current job openings to potential candidates.
• Perform pre-screening calls to analyse applicants’ abilities.
• Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g., structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioural questions).
• Analyse the information and responses obtained through the interview.
• Verifying applicant information, skills, and qualifications
• Present applicant profile to the client account manager and make the recommendation of the candidate as a match to the job specification, emphasising qualification, skills, reasons for wanting a career change and salary details with benefits and perks.
• Arrange and manage interviews by coordinating diary schedules.
• Manage and organise feedback on interviews.
• Negotiate job offers between applicant and client.
• Closing the recruitment process.
• Promote company reputation as a great place to work.
• Keep up to date with new technological trends and products.
Skills and Experience:
• Proven work experience as an IT Technical Recruiter
• International recruitment experience highly advantageous
• Hands-on experience with various interview formats
• Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles.
• Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.
• Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g., social media recruiting and Boolean search)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of HR practices and labour legislation
• Human Resources, IT or other relevant degree
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.