About the company
The vision is to be one of the most trusted and influential media and tech companies, that serves people and enriches culture. The dev team does this by growing our multi-tenanted platform that creates engaging and delightful content experiences for the enterprise organisations they serve in South Africa and internationally. This spans both the digital learning and publishing spaces, impacting thousands of users each day.
A cross-functional team dedicated to the development (and support) of the whole platform. They work collaboratively in an agile Scrum environment with the tooling and processes needed to get the job done effectively over the long term. This is a remote role, with in-person meetings every few weeks, and flexible working hours.
Their aim is to build a world-class team, to help make a highly scalable, world-class product, so They are looking for a senior developer, preferably a full-stack senior developer, who wants to contribute meaningfully to the team and platform for several years (hopefully longer). You’d need a great attitude, solid technical skills and experience, and enough knowledge of their tech stack. The position is a full-time position with 20 days annual leave. You’ll receive a brand new MacBook, a supporting monitor as a second screen, a monthly home office allowance, and an annual amount towards equipping your workspace.
What you’ll do
● Contribute to the entire development process - design, develop, test, and ship quality features
● Work across the platform’s technology stacks
● Contribute to the continuous improvement of their standards, processes, codebase and quality
● Contribute to the technical and product roadmap
● Resolve production issues, when needed
What you’ll need
● Minimum of 6 years experience in web application development
● Experience with Reactive Native is an advantage (for mobile app dev)
● Experience with back-end web applications, with Node.js being an advantage
● Experience with database queries, with MongoDB being an advantage
● Experience with REST API’s is an advantage
● Experience with AngularJS is an advantage (their legacy language)
● Experience with machine learning is an advantage
● University degree in a relevant field of study is an advantage
● Excellent problem-solving skills that combine technical and non-technical aspects
● Excellent understanding of fundamental software development concepts and design patterns
● Numeracy and literacy skills
● Be fluent in English