QA Automation Engineer (Remote SA)
An opportunity to work closely with developers and the wider tech and product team to ensure that quality is at the heart of what our client presents.
You'll be working for an international financial services company, that has embraced remote working, yet still keeping the focus on employee satisfaction.
Skills required to succeed in this role:
- Solid foundational knowledge of testing fundamentals and industry best practices
- Excellent understanding of high to low-level test case design and implementation
- Experienced in risk-based testing analysis and design
- Experienced in black box and other experience-based test techniques (error guessing, checklist-based testing, exploratory testing, defect based testing)
- Experienced in conducting both technical and analytical reviews (professionally reviewing peer scripts and test cases ensuring the quality of test-related work)
- Experienced with QA automation and a strong understanding of automation tools such as Selenium, Nightwatch, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Experienced with REST APIs, JSON and the underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP); manually testing against these endpoints using tools or scripting automated tests
- Experienced with designing, implementing, reviewing, maintaining and execution of automated tests and clearly documenting and reporting the results
- Experienced with performance, scale and load-based automated testing
- Experienced with version control (Git) and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Experienced with development tools to troubleshoot and debug web-based applications
- Experienced working as part of an Agile Scrum team
- BONUS: A keen interest in understanding and exploring the latest CI/CD, DevOps, and automated testing technologies
- BONUS: Proven experience using SQL, from simple statements and queries to working with functions and stored procedures