Python Software Developer
We are recruiting remote Python Software Engineers to join a growing UK technology team. Although this is a fully remote role, you would need to be residing in the Western Cape or London (with all the necessary work permits)
Our client is a wealth management company trusted with almost 3billion pounds worth of assets. They are passionate about helping their clients achieve their goals in life through expert financial planning and sharp focused investment management. They have a fast moving, fast growing, dynamic and challenging culture but also one where everyone feels part of the team and where they can have fun.
As the company continues to grow organically and through acquisition, the firm is in the process of redefining its technology strategy which requires proprietary applications that can grow at scale.
The current technology landscape is a mixture of off-the-shelf applications and bespoke in-house developments. The integration of these platforms will be paramount before further developing client facing technology.
The role will report to Chief Technology Officer and the key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Delivering Python-based applications with a web frontend (Django)
- Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
- Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
- To assist in architecting the future state of software development
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 + years commercial experience as a developer
- A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
- Be an ambitious tech advocate who is keen to take advantage of abundant opportunities for personal achievement and to accelerate their career within a leading wealth management form
- Have commercial hands-on coding experience
- Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
- Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub (checking in/out, committing, branching and tagging)
- Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
- Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to people at all levels across our business
Remuneration: Highly Competitive