Project Manager (Software)
An Australian based company based in Newcastle is looking for a Project Manager to join their team, to be based in George Western Cape.
Their aim is to provide simple products and services for their customers and soft landings, whenever they need it. They employ people that focus on customers unique needs.
Part of their operating ethos is to provide a simple, quick and positive engagement for customers who need to make a claim on their insurance.
Workplace culture is very important to them so they do everything they can to provide their employees with a fun workplace, excellent remuneration and an amazing team!
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions and world-wide locations.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- 6+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
#Jira #Greenhopper #Rally #VersionOne #ProjectManager #MicrosoftProject #Visio #SCRUM #Agile #SDLC #PMP #PMI-ACP #CSM #MA #MSApply