Pre / Post Technical Consultant /Team Lead
Solid experience in the following
Strong development & skills background
Great presentation skills
Plan and lead pioneering solutions and the delivery of creative technology and marketing technology solutions on client engagements
Responsible for architecture, designing and developing, and documenting complex system and software application architectures.
Understand the clients’ technical challenges and ambitions, define strategic technology choices and oversee the implementation of solutions.
Work across various businesses in the South Africa region and travel on a sometimes
weekly basis as Head of Department and Senior Pre-Sales Technical Consultant.
· Strategic consulting
· Understanding client’s technology challenges & solutions, demystify and simplify technology challenges & solutions.
· New & organics business.
· Identify new opportunities and ideas for clients.
· Assist business development and project teams in scoping and estimating project work.
· Ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical groups.
· Avidly seek out new technology solutions.
· Actively Identifying new technologies & identifying potential relationships / partnerships.
· Actively present new technology to internal teams and client.
· Work to define & deliver agile and waterfall methodologies.
· Promote the value of project processes and establishes these processes on a new project.
· Educate and ensure that team follows processes defined and assess completeness of work.
· Identify the limits of the tools being used and provide recommendations for projects.
· Follow standard policies and procedures; recommend improvements as appropriate
· Utilize object orientation design principles in creating complex custom software solutions or
· modifying package solutions.
· Define architecture, review code and ensure the quality of code.
· Participate in extending knowledge of area of specialization within the company.
· Lead technical teams on projects and provide mentorship and guidance to technical
· team members in all project activities.
· Write technical documentation, white papers, and presentations.
· Hands-on with software development and implementations.
· Understands the impact of proper planning, design, and architecture on the solutions:
· scalability, performance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.
· Translate the client’s business requirements and challenge business designs and create
· alternative business design solutions.
· Strive for a deep understanding and expertise with the tools being used.
· Educate and ensure that team follows processes.
· Define and assess completeness of work.
· Ensure that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
· Make sure that all projects run on time.
· Promote quality & excellence in testing unit, functional, Integration, load/stress/performance and security tests.
Responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
Technical Team management
· Build, train, mentor a world class team.
· Develop best in class working relationships with outsource teams.
· Ensuring that the team stays on schedule and participates in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss account plan(s), opportunities, risks, etc.
· Supervise employees as necessary directly or in project teams.
· Set engineering standards for the team. (documentation, code, and quality).
· Review team’s estimates and assess how project risks will impact estimates.
· Know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process and how to get the most out of teams.