Mid / Senior PHP Developer - 6 month contract (Remote welcome - SA Residents only)
This is a 6 month contract with a remote option if you live within the borders of SA.
Our client is offering a 6-month contract for a PHP developer to work on a new and exciting international insurance-related project.
Your primary focus will be to implement much needed features to an existing platform as well as deal with some ongoing maintenance within the existing environment. You will be required to make both Front-End and Back-End changes, a keen knowledge of both environments will be a necessity.
- Maintenance of both quote and manage platforms.
- Build efficient API endpoints.
- Make adjustments to existing API and SPA.
- Build modular, testable, re-usable code.
- Manage multiple virtual machines as well as 3 full environments.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks, a strong Laravel background will be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of SOLID practices and well-known design patterns.
- A demonstrated knowledge of API design, development and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of OOP programming.
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL, Redis and MongoDB.
- An excellent working understanding of running highly scalable virtual machines.
- An excellent understanding of running Ubuntu Linux and managing virtual servers running Ubuntu.
- Familiarity with the pitfalls and security flaws of PHP and how to solve/work around these constraints.
- An excellent knowledge of XML for legacy integrations.
- Willingness to work extra hours and outside of normal working hours if needed.