Junior Java Developer - ROLE CLOSED / No longer available
Your relevant degree and 1–3 years experience could give you a shot at working for a company focused on developing cool apps. Platforms include Mobile app development, IoT, and more!
This team of focused multidisciplinary individuals build great software products, yet still, find time to have fun. Serious about delivering products that unlock the value in their client’s data and processes, they value great user experiences and work to build internal value through Internet Of Things (IoT) and their own research and development.
Part of a larger family of companies based in Technopark, Stellenbosch.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join their development team.
Most of the work is done in cross-functional teams that work according to Agile Principles, follow Lean Product Development and Design Thinking practices. It’s a very collaborative environment. Their teams are made up of various specialist and generalist developers and designers, project managers, product managers, QA, and user testers. They believe in building products iteratively by exploring and defining their goals, building solutions and testing them.
Develop and maintain mobile and web applications
Participate in the design and development process
Ensure that products meet a high standard of quality
Input into project planning
Collaborate in cross-functional teams with project managers, designers, and testers
Participate in code reviews and assist other developers where necessary
Remain up to date on new developments in technology
Produce documentation if necessary
Requirements for the role
- Competency with Java
- Knowledge of HTML
Non Negotiable Necessities
- Dependable, responsible and collaborative
- Supportive Team Player
- Relevant degree. A postgraduate degree is a plus. Good academic performance, exceptional in software development/programming courses.
- Fast learner
- Self—motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to explain your approach and the process you follow
- Excitement about technology
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually
- Attentive to detail, and able to think creatively outside the box
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and priorities
- Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions
- Good analytical and problem—solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The goal of opening this position is to grow the capacity of the team strategically
Work within an experienced and dynamic team
Innovative, fast-paced, and fun work environment
Flexible, outcomes-oriented culture
Daily meals and great coffee at the office
Sending us your application means you agree that we may process and store your information indefinitely, for the purpose of our recruitment process.
Once we receive your application, we will strive to review it within a few days. If you meet the minimum requirements, we may contact you to set up a first interview.Apply