Junior / Intermediate Python Developer
Our client is looking for driven, self-disciplined Junior / Intermediate Python Developer with a strong work ethic to join their team. This is an extremely profitable Fintech start-up, with a flexible environment based at the Waterfront. Excellent salary offered!
About the company
Our client is quite unique in a couple of ways:
A start up culture but extremely profitable.
The company is based in Kenya (as that is where the core product currently is) with the Tech and Data team department in Cape Town (Waterfront)
Earn in dollars (not rand) – This means a "variable" salary in rand (albeit fixed in dollars)
What they do
Africa's fastest growing fintech company providing ethical credit services to those who require it most, empowering micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed. This not only means access to credit, but also the skills to use it correctly.
Their first product blends loans with financial education and they provide each client with a bespoke programme of business training which enables them to use the credit provided to positively grow their business, by giving them the relevant information to help them on their journey.
Utilizing data in ever smarter ways and their proprietorial machine learning system, they have found ways to use data from multiple sources to design credit products at scale which are optimized for segments, business risk, timescale and affordability
The product is an AI decisioning service that quantifies risk, engages with clients, manages field officers, explores business strategies and provides high level feedback via reporting mechanisms. This decisioning service will inevitably take control and automate a significant portion of day to day activities in a company that is growing fast.
Critical to this role:
· Experience with Django (python web-app framework).
· Code quality needs to be at production level.
· Ability to design, build and maintain a dashboard for the Company
Responsibilities & Duties
· Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Python code.
· Design, build and maintain a dashboard (Django) that supports the Business/Strategy teams.
· Help maintain code quality, organizational procedures and automation
Experience & Skills
· Strong knowledge of Django.
· Experience with data visualization packages, such as matplotlib and plotly.
· Some experience with dashboarding is preferable.
· Some experience with Message brokers (such as Kafka) preferable.
· Ability to understand business requirements and needs and to design and build a frontend that supports that.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent self discipline.
· Excellent critical thinking skills.
· Excellent analytical and time management skills.
· Good communications skills and presentation skills.
· Desire to learn and go beyond what is expected.
· Passion for learning new data analysis methods and visualization methods.
· Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Academic & trade qualifications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or related field.