Junior Data Analyst
Deep dive into data to obtain static analysis of business statistics& trends.
If you are just starting out in your career as a Data Analyst, here is the perfect opportunity to grow your skills and experience. Our client is looking for driven, self-disciplined Junior Data Analysts with a strong work ethic to join their team. This is an extremely profitable Fintech start-up, with a flexible environment based at the Waterfront. Excellent salary offered!
About the company
Our client is quite unique in a couple of ways:
A start up culture but extremely profitable.
The company is based in Kenya (as that is where the core product currently is) with the Tech and Data team department in Cape Town (Waterfront)
Earn in dollars (not rand) – This means a "variable" salary in rand (albeit fixed in dollars)
What they do
Africa's fastest growing fintech company providing ethical credit services to those who require it most, empowering micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed. This not only means access to credit, but also the skills to use it correctly.
Their first product blends loans with financial education and they provide each client with a bespoke programme of business training which enables them to use the credit provided to positively grow their business, by giving them the relevant information to help them on their journey.
Utilizing data in ever smarter ways and their proprietorial machine learning system, they have found ways to use data from multiple sources to design credit products at scale which are optimized for segments, business risk, timescale and affordability
The product is an AI decisioning service that quantifies risk, engages with clients, manages field officers, explores business strategies and provides high level feedback via reporting mechanisms. This decisioning service will inevitably take control and automate a significant portion of day to day activities in a company that is growing fast.
Critical factors for this role are:
· Python data manipulation packages numpy, scipy and pandas
· Plotly - python vizualization pacakge
· Presentation and reporting skills
· Work ethic
Responsibilities & duties
· Design, build, and maintain reusable, and reliable Python code.
· Support the Business/Strategy teams with any ad-hoc data analysis requests.
· Actively mine the data at our disposal towards gathering insights.
· Creating vizualizations that convey trends and insights in a simple manner.
· Help maintain code quality, organizational procedures and automation.
Experience & skills
· Strong knowledge of Mysql.
· Experience with Python and Python data manipulation packages such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Sklearn.
· Experience with data visualization packages, such as matplotlib and plotly.
· Ability to understand business questions and hypotheses and the ability to provide answers and feedback on these.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Personal qualities & Behavioural traits
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent self discipline.
· Excellent critical thinking skills.
· Excellent analytical and time management skills.
· Good communications skills and presentation skills.
· Desire to learn and go beyond what is expected.
· Passion for learning new data analysis methods and visualization methods.
· Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Academic & trade qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
Struggling to find a job?
Read our blog that will give you practical advice