INTERMEDIATE JAVA & PHP DEVELOPER
INTERMEDIATE JAVA & PHP DEVELOPER - Linbro Park
(Currently 60% Java & 40% PHP, but this will change around in the future).
Take a supporting role in developing new systems or applications that facilitates Variable Data projects for online consumer engagement. Develop systems in an efficient and effective manner to satisfy operational requirements. Work closely with Multi-Channel Communication teams, Information Technology groups and Implementation teams to ensure client requirements are met.
Must be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines with a flexible approach and stay current with new technologies and best practices. Must also be able to respond to a changing environment, grow technically and share knowledge with the team, and able to multi-task.
The incumbent will be expected to do the following, but is not limited to:
· Work collaboratively as part of a team
· Offer wider technical support when needed
· MySQL – must be proficient in writing queries and query tuning
· Database Design – understanding the principles of database design is essential
· Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
· Diagnose and resolve production performance issues
· Maintain and support previously built applications
· Be available beyond standard work hours if necessary.
To be considered for the position you should meet at least the following essential criteria:
· South African residents and fluent in English
· IT related Degree/Diploma/Certificate and formal training in related programming language; PHP, SQL, Java, C# etc. with at least 3-5 years’ experience
· 3-5 years’ database development experience
· 3–5 years’ experience as a Java & PHP developer (C# advantageous) with exposure to Linux and MySQL,
· Strong analytical ability
· Good interpersonal and communication skill, stress management and capable of multitasking
· Ability to communicate technical solutions
· Amazon Web Services experience
· Data Warehouse experience
· Understanding database administration
· Web services protocols (e.g. SOAP, REST API)
· Jira software experience
· Building systems for secure access and prevention of unauthorized intrusionApply