Full stack Developer - Cape Town / Remote
With a 35 year track record and with their continuous improvement platform and digital applications, they help businesses unlock greatness, helping leading organisations build competitive capability through maturity-based best practice implementation to achieve world-class performance. Their continuous improvement solution has transformed over 3000 supply chains in more than 75 countries.
They are now looking for a seasoned Full stack Developer to join their Development Team. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys the hybrid model of working. Fully remote also works but must reside in the Western Cape! They would like to see you in person on occasions.
About this role
As a member of the Platform Development Team, you will be responsible for the design,
development and deployment of complex front-end and back-end web applications. With this in mind, you will make an impact from day one by:
- Developing enterprise grade front-end applications as identified by business using Angular
- Designing and developing complex backend web applications and micro-services using
- Ensuring a coherent integration strategy between Front-end, Back-end and service
- Working closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Designers (UX) to flesh out front end application requirements
- Play a lead role in the development of front-end architecture and the establishment of
- Occasionally supporting and troubleshooting of production investigations.
- Ensure the adoption of responsive design to facilitate application layout in mobile and and related technologies Java 8, AWS lamda and MySql according to company coding standards and principles.
- 10 years or more development experience
- At least 5-7 years' commercial experience with a diverse set of front-end frameworks e.g.
- At least 1 years’ experience charting complex data and building interactive reports/
- At least 2 years’ experience with front-end application architecture, design and setting
- At least 3 years’ experience integrating with REST API’s
- Experience with OAuth2/ OpenIdConnect Integration
- 2 years+ AWS experience
- Microservice experience
- Relational database experience
- Angular4 and above
- Java 8
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Java EE (JPA/Hibernate/JAY-RS)
- Spring Framework
- Amazon S3
- Amazon RDS
- AWS Lambda
- OAuth 2.0
- Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- A good understanding of modern architectural and software design principles and
- software implementation patterns
- Have an understanding of application security, encryption, etc.
- Knowledgeable about Front-end to Back-end integration patterns
- Ideally have an interest in growing DevOps skills in the cloud
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Delivery and quality focused
- Good planning and organising skills
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt
- Technical aptitude and keen interest in working with complex software projects
- Solution-driven thinker with can-do attitude