C# Developer - Remote (Western Cape)
A multi-award-winning financial services firm that provides wealth solutions and other services using state-of-the-art technology requires experience C# Developers to join their team. Offices are based in London, Cheltenham and Cape Town.
The Cape Town-based technology division focuses on building a proprietary tech that allows clients to monitor, manage and analyse transactions in real-time, across multiple asset classes and currencies. The award-winning software facilitates the settlement of thousands of equity, bond and derivative transactions and accounts for the transfer of millions of dollars of financial assets and cash daily.
They are a future-looking organisation, expanding into new areas of growth for GPP and
enhancing and creating new additions to their service offering. Modernisation and
investing in their architecture and technical capabilities are key to their strategic roadmap.
The future of their proprietary software utilises the latest technology to drive innovation
and enhance the value they offer their clients.
Their full-stack developers have the opportunity to expand their skills, knowledge and
experience not only in technology but also by learning more about the financial services
industry and what it means to be a technology-led fin-tech company.
Teams are challenged to raise their bar, tap into their creative problem-solving skills
while working collaboratively and concurrently as a team to deliver innovative but simple
• The full-stack developers welcome any chance to innovate and use their initiative,
but they do so while implementing according to best practices producing tested,
secure, reliable, and scalable software and solutions
• Work across the full-stack spectrum from crafting the front-end, building robust
and scalable APIs, architect the back-end, delving into the depths of the
databases, and everything in-between
• Proactively engage and work as part of a highly effective and collaborative team
in order to understand requirements and develop efficient solutions that are
simple, maintainable and easily extendable
• Develop a holistic understanding of the proprietary system, business processes
and the technology involved. Proactively identify any shortcomings in
understanding by facilitating the sharing of knowledge, ideas and insights
amongst the team and contributing to the knowledge base
• Be mindful of the team's objectives and be supportive of the team's processes
and activities. Proactively assess the current tech stack, implementations,
solutions, strategies, and plans. Identifying and contributing to areas of
improvement and growth for the team and how it could impact the broader tech
• Solid foundational programming knowledge, patterns, principles and industry best
• Experienced with .NET Standard Framework, .NET Core, and C#
• Experienced with REST APIs, JSON and the underlying protocols (HTTP/S,
TCP/IP), and familiarity with CDN services
• Experienced with version control (Git) and a good understanding of branching
• Experienced with relational database design and Microsoft SQL
• Experienced with Microsoft Azure and DevOps
• Experienced working as part of an Agile Scrum team
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive salary – they keep up with the latest market trends and strive to pay
• Competitive holiday leave – 20+ days’ annual leave (earn an extra day for every
• Performance-related discretionary annual bonus.
• Retirement, Risk, and Medical-Aid contribution – we will contribute to a medical
aid of your choosing
• Training budget allowance for further study or attending conferenceApply