Data Analyst available for new opportunities
Passionate candidate who is continuously upskilling himself and enjoys learning new things. ln the last 6 months he has upskilled himself with UCT Data Analysis Course, SQL, Google Big Query, Data Studio and Tableau. Currently upskilling to master JAVA and Python.
He has successfully migrated his company onto Google Data Studio and introduced dashboards with real time data visualization across all their Offices around the world.
He works well under pressure and enjoys challenges, never giving up. An extremely positive individual with the ability to motivate other.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2020 – Currently busy with JAVA Masterclass & Data Science with Python Course (Udemy)
2019 - Certificate Data Analysis | University of Western Cape
2019 – Tableau Essentials | Slipstream Data
2019 – New Relic Certified Performance Pro | New Relic
2016 – Amadeus Certified User | Amadeus
2015 – Diploma in Photoshop | Shaw Academy
2008 - Advanced Diploma/Degree Hotel & Restaurant Operations | Northlink College
2005 - High School Diploma | JG Meiring High School
He joined his current company in 2015 and has worked within various departments as listed below
Sep 2019 – Present: Data Analyst (Data Ops)
Joined the Data Ops team to assist with migration from Microsoft SQL Server to Google Big Query. I have been responsible for creating and migrating business dashboards and views. I have been providing training and assisting in automating marketing and business reports.
• SQL Coding for Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Big Query Databases;
• Building of Data Dashboards in Tableau and Google Data Studio;
• Learning of Java bi weekly with Senior Developers;
• Business Analysis and support for critical decision making around data driven decisions;
• Consultation with other teams regarding data queries, support and reporting;
My most recent achievements in the last 6 months:
• Achieved UCT Data Analyst Certificate, automated all marketing sale reports and Upskilled myself in SQL, Postgres, Big Query and Data Studio
Apr 2018 – Aug 2019: Business Project Analyst & Manager
I was overseeing the day to day revenue and booking optimization of a team of 3 for all our regions in the Middle East. I was for driving bookings and content to reach company KPI’s.
• Optimization of prices and content based on marked behavior, customer demographics and travel trends;
• Provides support for online data collection, analytics and business development;
• Account management and point of contact for all META's;
• Market research, competitor analyses and report compilation; My Achievements:
• Adhoc and Monthly Performance Presentations with Senior Management;
• Reached booking KPI targets every month;
• Created successful policies and procedures;
Mar 2017 – Mar 2018: Business Systems Analyst
Responsibilities included to develop and maintain systems administration documentation and procedures. I was responsible for updating business systems rules, configurations while working very close with the development department. We were responsible for all supplier content on the website. Issues had to be investigated and analyzed. Analysis includes looking at system logs, data patterns and involving relevant technical stakeholders to identify root cause and possible resolutions.
Jan 2017 – Apr 2017: Rapid Response Specialist & QA
Started a new department in development which handled first line support of any bugs/issues reported by business and operations. We had to oversee all bugs by working close with development by vetting, recreating and loading all bugs into Jira. Taking ownership of all bugs loaded and seeing it through to resolution.
Problem solving, data analysis, interpreting data, attention to detail, presentation skills, Fast learner. Languages: English and Afrikaans Computer: MS Office, Tableau, SQL, Postgres, Data Studio, Big Query, New Relic