Software Support Engineer
A growing Cape Town based (South African Software House developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software) is currently looking for Software Support Engineers responsible for providing high-quality technical support. The Software Support Engineer troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide external and internal support on software queries
- Maintain software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features
- Setup and deploy database releases to client QA, UAT and live environments
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Taking ownership of software issues, and working with our Development Teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps independently
- Responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels within the organization
- Perform advanced root cause analysis on bugs and databases
- Configure and maintain in house scripting
- Automate and implement processes
- Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do the job:
- Object Orientated Languages required
- C#, Java, SQL, Bash, ASP.NET, PERL
- Python experience beneficial
- Exposure to programming and scripting
- Knowledge of Debugging software
- DB Visualizer experience
- Visual Studio experience
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job:
- Ability to communicate well across all business units
- Organised, thorough and has great attention to detail
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication within all levels of the organisation
- Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
- Can work independently
- Can work well under pressure
- Team Player
- Document processes, procedures and results.
- Passionate, optimistic and has internal inspiration to get things done.
- Customer service – demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs of requests of others internally and externally.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Desire to make an impact
- Positive attitude
- Good judgement
Education and General Working Experience:
- Minimum requirement is Matric with a minimum of 3 years solid work related C#/Java/etc. development experience in the workplace (tertiary exposure excluded). Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
- Programming certification required
- Microsoft Windows Desktop experience required
- Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Good Object Orientation experience is a must.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.