Our client is on the path to greatness and they require 10 contract developers to join their team. Initial contract 6 to 12 months with the possibility of permanent, then in a typical progression path, you could be promoted to senior or principal developer and from there to project manager.
By joining the SLD team you'll be playing a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of specialized bleeding edge software systems. The programs you create are likely to help businesses be more efficient and provide a better service. SLD specialize in creating cutting edge solutions aimed at the Electrical Engineering field, our software is used all over the world. A candidate will be joining a highly energetic, efficient and focused team who push the boundaries of development potential every day.
Based on your particular expertise, you might be responsible for writing and coding individual programmes or providing an entirely new software resource.
As a software developer, your list of tasks may include:
· Reviewing current systems
· Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
· Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
· Producing detailed specifications and writing of the program codes
· Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
· Preparation of training manuals for users
· Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
· Provide remote support for clients
· Knowledge of programming skills is a prerequisite.
· The ideal candidate must have a good understanding and a minimum of 2 years’ experience of C#, VB.NET, EF, WCF Services and will need to be comfortable with web-based programs, as well as experience with 3D Development OPENGL/DIRECTX and associated technologies will be beneficial.
Key skills preferred as follows:
· Expertise in current computer hardware and software
· Ability to use one or more development language (C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, HTML, JS, WCF, WPF)
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work in a team
· Eye for detail and problem solving skills
· An understanding of business
· Good understanding of 3D based methodology and mathematics
Degree in IT related field will be beneficial but not required
Minimum of 2 years in related fields is essential.
Working Hours and environment
In most cases you’ll be working 40 hours a week, but when deadlines have to be met, you can be required to working longer and later hours or at weekend.
Traveling may be required
Salary + Benefits
Market Related Salary, Medical Contribution, Pension Contribution with performance bonuses.Apply