SEO Manager - eCommerce / iGaming
More about the company:
The company was founded in 2004 to cater for the increased demand for marketing and support services in the E-commerce industry. They have an international focus, offering marketing and support services to an international audience, in 13 different languages. The company has evolved the operation from an ambitious start up into a competitive firmly entrenched provider of E-commerce
Core areas of expertise include:
Develop and maintain end-to-end e-commerce platforms for international clients, in addition to developing back-end systems and tools for marketing, customer support, finance, payment process management, risk and fraud management and content management systems.
Multi-lingual content creation and translation services
Financial management services
Digital marketing and software development
Support in the E-commerce and I-gaming industry,
Marketing services including campaign management and strategy, copywriting and content creation Offline and online media management with domestic and international media placement
B2C and B2B products with a wide exposure to the full E-commerce lifecycle.
Modern offices with state of the art equipment.
Team of 70 based at two locations in Cape Town
Room for growth and advancement for those showing commitment, initiative and are willing to dive into other dimensions of the business, as they believe in creating opportunities for their people.
A competitive basic salary plus a medical aid contribution on completion of probationary period.
Must ne able to work independently and be a self-starter.
The SEO Manager will be responsible for improving the search visibility of mobile and desktop websites and helping to roll out an international SEO strategy across multiple domains, language geo’s and platforms. Content, technical considerations, link building and every often arrow in your quiver, will all come in to play as you help to build rankings and drive organic traffic to target sites and grow this acquisition channel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Development of a global SEO strategy.
· Manage and improve organic search engine performance of sites based on rankings, click through rates, traffic, conversions and revenue.
· Provide SEO audits, analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
· Make technical SEO recommendations to front end developers
· Perform keyword research to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
· Implement link building campaigns in coordination with SEO goals including working on microsites and social media
· Develop and integrate content marketing strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals
· Collaborate with content team to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
· Monitor and report on SEO performance for multiple competitor and internal websites, making recommendations on the outcomes
· Recommend, implement and utilize SEO software and tools
· Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO, algorithm updates and changes to major search engines
· Optimise traffic to and from an internal network of microsites.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Production and implementation of SEO strategy for sites (keyword, onsite and offsite strategies)
· Meet ranking targets for predetermined keywords.
· Meet new organic revenue targets
· Meet overall ROI and CPA targets
· Increase rankings for target keywords and increase organic traffic to sites
· Successful implementation and management of SEO tools and tracking software
· Grow rankings in relation to competitors in market and against relevant keywords.
Requirements & Skills
· Education & Experience
· SOLID experience in SEO or related field, with minimum 2 years effectively defining and implementing a multi-site multi-outlet strategy.
· Thorough knowledge and proven experience within Search Engine Optimization
· Proficiency in web analytics software and SEO tools
· Experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization
· Experience with international markets and multi-lingual websites required.
Attributes / Abilities:
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level and manage a high level of complexity
· Excellent understanding of the online world and online search
· Proven ability to collaborate and work across business divisions
· Enthusiastic and “can do” attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Numeric and analytical abilities
· Creative thinking
· Team Player
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Excellent problem solver and out the box thinker. We want someone who will find a way despite the challenge/problem/hurdle.