Ruby on Rails Developer - Financial
IT Software Vendor specializing in developing systems for the Investment industry
Ruby on Rails Developer
Our client is seeking a developer to join their development team in Cape Town, to apply their expertise on a sophisticated fund performance measurement system.
You’ll be working on their cloud-based application written primarily in Ruby on Rails using Bootstrap, JQuery and HighCharts, running on a modern web stack.
You need to be a committed and flexible individual who enjoys working with an experienced team on a product that is complex both technically and functionally, and who can exercise sound judgement when faced with functional and technical decisions.
Experience in developing web applications using modern technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap and Rails, with graphical data visualizations is a bonus.
The development environment is predominately Linux based, with source code on GitHub and using applications such as CodeClimate, HoneyBadger, TeamCity, NewRelic, Datadog, Jira, Confluence, and using continuous integration and automated deployments to several AWS environments.
· Work closely developing application with Product Management
· Participate in functional and user-interface design discussions
· Develop code to technical specification and coding standards
· Own your schedule; provide estimates of development effort and progress updates to the System Architect
· Resolve issues logged by clients or client services consultants
· Linux or Mac
· Ruby on Rails
· HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
· Amazon Web Services — EC2 — S3 — SES — ElastiCache — IAM — VPC — EBS
— CloudWatch — CloudTrail
· Git, GitHub
· Markdown, Confluence (wiki)
· Jira (issue tracking)
· Continuous integration (TeamCity)
· Continuous deployment (Chef)
· International financial analytics software vendor
· Based in prime V&A Waterfront Cape Town offices
· Cutting edge technologies
· Cloud based development
· Small autonomous team
· Highly focused and eager to collaborate
· Performance Bonus
· Medical Aid
· Core flexi hours
· Generous leave