Be exposed to global brands, gaining international exposure with a large team.
An expanding Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for an experienced Quality Analyst.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Works alongside other Quality Analysts within a project team
· Works closely with the Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, DPMs to analyse functional and non-functional business requirements and to create the specification by example tests/acceptance tests and identify the required test data.
· Participates in customer workshops to obtain the customer requirements.
· At times acts as a proxy product owner.
· Has the ability to estimate QA effort for new user stories, change requests and defects.
· Identifies QA tasks for new user stories during planning sessions.
· Performs manual exploratory testing and executes regression tests that cannot be automated.
· Pairs with Developers to obtain an understanding of automated test design in line with Test-Driven Development methodology
· Has the ability of investigating the root cause of a defect and reviews with the project team.
· Produces test plans and test metrics.
· Follows the defined defect management process for internal and external defects.
· Maintains release documentation for external distribution.
· Deploys and tests patched defect fixes.
· Monitors automated test results, investigating and reporting failed tests to the project team.
· Sets up and maintains the QA test environments.
· Monitors the tasks for completed user stories to meet the definition of done.
· Is able to demonstrate delivered user stories to the customer/stakeholder.
· Adheres to the test strategy as implemented by the Senior Quality Analyst.
· Conducts project tasks delegated by Senior Quality Analyst.
· Work closely with all stake holders to perform V&P testing.
· Works as a cross functional member of the project team following Agile/SCRUM approach.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job:
· Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and contribute successfully to team deliveries on complex, long term projects.
· Strong analytical thinking to be able to design complete and thorough test cases.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to concisely and accurately capture defects, write test cases and regression test plans.
· Meticulous with a keen attention to detail.
· Should have technical background or aptitude.
· Experience using SQL to interrogate and analyze data.
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job:
· Delivery focused - Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
· Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
· Self-Starter – able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
· Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment.
Education and General Working Experience:
· Ideally an IT Diploma or Certificate will be an advantage but is not essential.
· Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 3 years of on the job work related experience.
· Experience using Agile methodologies will be an advantage.
· Exposure to testing in a retail environment will be a definite advantage.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Cape Town at their own expense if living outside the Western Cape.
Applications will only be considered from South African Citizens, or applicants who are in possession of a Permanent Residence Certificate.Apply