MS SQL Server DBA
A leading, trusted Solutions & Services provider, providing Standalone and Bespoke IT solutions since 2007 based in East Rand, with the Head Office in London, require a DBA.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure availability and consistent performance. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), Must be pro-active and capable of working independently and collaboratively.
· Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
· Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
· Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
· Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
Skills and Qualifications
3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
o Tertiary qualification
o Industry recognized qualification Microsoft (MCDBA, MCSE Data Platform, MCSE BI) Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
· Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
· Solid technical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Flexible, team player, “can do” personality
· Ability to organize and plan work independently
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teamsApply