Junior / Mid PHP Developer with Laravel experience
Our client is a South African start-up funded by a US-based media development agency and a rising fintech player in the South African scene, based in Waterkant Cape Town.
Your mission is to build a best of breed software product while gaining valuable industry-related knowledge for kickstarting your career.
• Design, innovate and solve complex problems inherent in operating a potentially large scale fintech platform.
• Play a role in reviewing code and approving of work as part of the software development process.
• Use prescribed tools and work according to the established Prospa software development process.
• Experience with PHP, specifically OOP and Laravel >5.0.
• Entry level proficiency in MySQL, Redis, Memcached or related storage technologies.
• Competency with cloud computing, Amazon Web Services would be advantageous.
• Experience with Git and Linux beneficial.
• Work closely with CTO
• Participate in planning for future features and improvements.
• Deliver software according to agreed timelines
• Good communicator as regards technical and business/ functional aspects of assigned work.
• Be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
• Team player and willing to go beyond the call of duty when the need arises.
• Assist Project CTO and Product Manager with compilation of technical specifications.
• Tenacity and the ability to solve software bugs.
• Keep abreast with industry trends, new technologies and best practice in the software development space.
• Constantly innovate and raise the bar of software quality.
• Proactively improve products, systems, processes.
• Be eager to learn
• Relevant university degree/diploma not a must but would be advantageous.
• Available to start asap would be advantageous.