Infrastructure / Operations (DevOps)
A leading, trusted Solutions & Services provider, providing Standalone and Bespoke IT solutions since 2007 based in East Rand, with the Head Office in London, require an Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps). Must be able to travel to the UK for initial handover/training
About the role
· Work as a part of the Technical Operations team. Help build the tools and infrastructure to increase the reliability of the production environment and increase the velocity and quality of the deliverables.
· Be in charge of maintaining, extending, and driving architectural changes to an ever-changing highly secure containerised production environments by working closely with software and quality control engineers to push, monitor, and roll back code, database and any other infrastructure changes.
· Be the owner of demanding Service Level Objectives and be confident that you can continuously deliver them.
· Find, adapt to, and learn new technologies.
· Be highly adaptable to shifting priorities, understand that automation is key, and embrace an infrastructure as code principle to your provisioning and configuration management workflows.
· Motivated and a team player.
· Design and implement automation to improve the security, performance, scalability, and availability of RecordSure’s software stack.
· Perform deep dives into production issues; work with software engineers and external partners and suppliers to mitigate and rollout changes.
· Define and own demanding service level objectives.
· Manage internal and production physical infrastructure such as servers, switches,
· Ensure that infrastructure as code principle is widely implemented.
· Awareness of ISO27001 ISMS and promote the importance of securely managing
processes, customer data and intellectual property throughout the company.
· Work closely with software engineers to bring operational perspective to every
· Help design and assess highly available systems including their non-functional
· 5+ years of industry experience in operations / infrastructure / similar
· Proficiency in GNU/Linux, shell scripting and version control systems, ideally git.
· Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Groovy.
· Knowledge of networking, web applications and systems security.
· Knowledge and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
· Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, etc.
· Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Knowledge of cloud, virtualisation and/or containerisation solutions.
· Experience with incident and change management.Apply