DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY - Advertising / Digital Agency
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY
Our client is a Global Advertising / Digital Agency based in Woodstock
The selected candidate will have demonstrated success in conception and bringing to life transformative solutions for brands and businesses. S/he knows the traditional brand building and storytelling rules so well that s/he knows exactly when to break them. S/he believes with increasing enthusiasm that the interface is the experience, which is the brand. And s/he enjoys working in close partnership with technology and creatives to turn actionable brand strategies into digital experiences and services that people want and businesses need.
A critical member of the team, the Strategy Director will play a key role in defining an approach to helping clients navigate the ever-evolving space where customer meets brand within the digital context. You will collaborate with consultants and creatives to uncover whitespace opportunities and deliver actionable strategies to help transform our clients’ businesses as they launch new products and services or rethink their existing ones. You are confident in research methodologies and you can write a brand value proposition or walk through a consumer journey map in your sleep. You know that it’s not iconography that defines a brand, but the things you do that defines your brand, and you have your own digital-friendly way of creating brand strategies. Your goal will be not be to just solve our client’s problem, but to challenge ourselves to transform their entire category.
KNOW THE AUDIENCE (people), KNOW THE MAGIC (technology), CONNECT THE TWO.
Our role with clients is to be creatively and technically minded both representing the cultural context within which the brand resides as well as being action-oriented enough to bring transformative ideas, often inspired or identified by us, into the real world, at scale.
· Identify whitespace opportunities and deliver innovative solutions and actionable strategies for clients.
· Act as the key strategic partner to senior-most clients (CMO’s, CEO’s, CTO’s, CIO’s) across a portfolio of brands.
· Write and present actionable brand strategies having applied critical research methodologies (ethnographies, reports, interviews) and utilising the right tools for the situation at hand (brand positioning, value proposition etc).
· Genuinely listen to clients and consumers, and demonstrate optimism that unique solutions to their business and real-life challenges can be uncovered.
· Quantify opportunities, both internally and with clients, understanding what constitutes a big idea or a small one, what could transform a product or a category, and what is right for the challenge at hand.
· Manage and mentor team members with a wide range of expertise - from user experience, to brand design, to data-based insights.
· Continuously learn about disruptive industries, consumer interests, and business trends. Provide thought leadership to our clients in addition to the internal Service Design team, and contribute to the company POV on and approach to innovation consulting.
· Identify opportunities to leverage the company global network of talent across experience, creative and technology, and our diverse portfolio of services to positively impact our clients’ businesses.
· Provide exceptional leadership, guidance and mentorship to the wider Service Design team.
· 12+ years’ experience in the strategy and/or innovation consulting space
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA Strongly preferred
· Demonstrated humility, collaboration, and leadership skills, combined with optimism, and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
· Business sense and commercial expertise, with curiosity and a creative mind.
· Tangible case studies of brand strategy you helped launch on behalf of large clients
· Proven team leadership and management experience, with the ability to inspire teams and educate without being condescending.