Data Developer / Engineer
Founded in 2006, the company is based in the USA & South Africa and serve a diversified portfolio of clients in the USA. The role is operational and requires a strong SQL Developer / Data Engineer to take point. Flexi-time as client's are based in the U.S, core working hours are 3pm - 6pm.
- 3 - 6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Big picture thinker
- Demonstrated collaborative skills
- Problem solver
- Avid learner, constantly keeping up to date with technology advances
- Demonstrated experience in the Data domain, specifically related to application development and transactional data.
- Advanced Academic qualification
- Project management; Waterfall and Agile
- Solid MS stack experience
Required Technical Expertise:
- Domain expertise in traditional Database technology. Integration, Relational DBM’s, SQL Development
- Data analysis and modelling
- Integration of disparate siloed systems.
- Data distribution concepts (Bulk data and real time, API, direct connection etc.)
- Maintenance of Data Quality
- Competent in one software development language. (C#, Python etc.)
- Hands on experience in SOA patterns
- Database and query optimization
- Deep understanding of Microsoft SQL and related technology stack
- DevOps and working in a software development team
- Manage communication between Product owners, application support team and development team.
- Be able to present and communicate idiosyncrasy of application data, data quality issues and results of integration efforts.
- Balancing supporting of data steward requirements (short term) whilst ensuring strategic alignment and meeting long-term objectives (long term).
- Model and manage data integration of transactional application backend systems
- Report of data quality issues and put together proposals for solutions
- Support Development team with provisioning data to support business processes
- Manage the SDLC and quality gates of projects related to data
- Build the data team and provide skills transfer to other data team members
- Continuous development and learning to ensure continuous to innovation
- Flexi time
- Relaxed environment
- Opportunities to travel to the USA
- Opportunity to legally emigrate to the USA after 12 months
- Pension / Med aid