Mid - Level BI Analyst - iGaming
BI Analyst – iGaming – Woodstock
A position is available for a BI Analyst for a Gaming company based in Woodstock, reporting to the Head of UX & Design. They are looking for someone, who has a natural curiosity, loves data and who will make a difference to the business.
A self-starter who can set their own pace and who needs very little direction. The role is demanding as all departments rely on the support, reports and insights that BI provide. An economics background and a love of statistics and modelling will be a definite plus.
Use your data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. Work closely with business stakeholders, product owners and UX specialists providing data, actionable insights and presenting the data to enable making data-driven decisions.
About the team
Currently 35 and growing. They have a full development team with backend and front-end developers; DevOps; testing; UX; UI; scrum masters; Project managers and business analysts.
They have recently launched new products in the market; products built as a team from scratch. Products are offered in 15 international languages. Their next step is towards a data-informed development approach.
They are looking for a BI Analyst to help them with the insights on their product’s performance and to highlight areas of improvement.
Highlights of the job
The role is highly influential and for the ambitious individual very rewarding:
You get to see the value that you add and rewarding in terms of job satisfaction.
The company is very open to new ideas, your ideas will not easily be declined.
The company culture is very exciting too! Little red tape is involved. During your tenure with the business you can be certain to gain a lot of experience and to learn a lot of new things!
· Focus is on analysis.
· Collaborate with several teams, understand their business needs and translate them into actionable data analysis and reports.
· Build and improve data and reporting that help internal stakeholders understand the performance of their business segment and identify action points.
· Provide reports as requested by management and teams, including interpretation of the data, insights and make recommendations for action. It is therefore important to be a fast learner and have an interest in business.
· Perform ad-hoc analysis, translate and communicate results to stakeholders.
· Organize and present your findings in a meaningful way to make sure stakeholders are able to make the right decision.
· Assist in both ad-hoc requests as well as regular reports for various business units
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership .
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· 2-5 years of experience in a relevant role.
· Relevant Degree (Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Financial Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Financial Analysis/Information Systems/Computer Science).
· Data-driven, have technical affinity and possess a strong business sense.
· Strong technical data skills, statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data.
· Understanding and experience with SQL and relational databases. PostgreSQL and MySQL preferred.
· Be proficient in office administration and relevant computer software packages e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
· E-commerce experience preferred with experience in web analytics (Google Analytics).
· Ability to gather and synthesise large volumes of information from varying sources.
· Knowledge of data warehouse design techniques and strong data manipulation and extracting skills.
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
· Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning.
· Must be able to work under minimum supervision.Apply