Mid to senior web developer.
The key areas of responsibility for the Web Developer include:
· Web Development Services
· Customer Service
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
· 5 years proven experience and expertise in web development
· Excellent knowledge and experience of PHP and Ruby on Rails. A working knowledge of ASP and VB is preferred and some .net experience an advantage.
· Must possess superior skills in SQL. Platforms include MySQL and SQL server 2005 and above.
· Proficiency in HTML and XHTML and possess working knowledge of XML / XSL and CSS.
· Some knowledge of Adobe design platforms and Microsoft Visual Studio is preferable
· Ability to use social media applications is a must
· A willingness to apply SEO methods to designated projects is a must, as is great attention to detail.
· Experience of working in a commercial environment, ideally delivering web solutions
· Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
· Ability to code software according to standards and design guidelines
· Knowledge of multimedia and interactivity
· Knowledge of database architecture and design
· Knowledge of W3C and / or WCAG is desirable but not essential.
· Positive attitude and work ethic
· Initiative and an ability to provide innovative solutions and ideas for new web projects
· Excellent communication skills
· Good project management skills, planning and organisational skills
· Good time management with the ability to manage project timescales and deadlines
· Good team player
· Good commercial awareness and understanding
· Ability to learn
· Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent (IT related discipline or Marketing preferred)
· Expertise in web development
· To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of organisations products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately and supported by the department.
· To take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
· To be willing to listen to and support colleagues and team members with professional problems, devoting time to impart expertise, infusing confidence and expressing positive expectations regarding the team’s and company’s performance.
Key Interfaces: Dealing with internal customers, mostly account managers, studio manager and creative director. External customers, new and existing.