Senior Marketing Manager
Experienced, motivated, dynamic and talented marketing professional required to step into a young, dynamic marketing team that is already making waves in the South African insurance space. The ideal candidate will be able to strike a balance between being a creative force, a team player/coach and a results-driven executive.
Our client is a fast-growing tech-centric insurance provider that has significant presence in the pet, car, home and life insurance markets, known for being a relentless innovator committed to being the best in the world at pleasing customers. They care deeply about what they do and pride themselves in being a smart, agile and hungry organisation that plays to win every day.
If you’re up for the challenge, this is what you would need to do:
· Lead the development of marketing and content strategies and align company-wide messaging in support of the business’ overall objectives.
· Plan and oversee the brand's advertising and promotional activities including tv, radio, print, digital, events and partnerships etc.
· Work with the team to develop and execute a comprehensive supporting content strategy and work directly with influencers, partners, media contacts and other relevant third-parties to distribute original content to new audiences.
· Use data to optimize all campaigns (including above-the-line) for maximum performance in terms of cost per lead and cost per sale.
· Manage the overall PR strategy and identify opportunities for the company brand to become a greater part of public discourse relating to key strategic topics.
· Research, analyse and monitor the market to identify key competitor movements and identify new relevant opportunities.
· Manage external advertising and PR agencies to drive the specialized marketing initiatives. This includes briefing on campaigns and facilitating the activities all the way through to final creative.
· Actively managing performance and fee structures of any external agency’s performance.
· Work closely with the media planners and buyers to ensure the optimal performance of the above-the-line campaigns.
· Work with the internal creative team to brief and approve copywriting, design, layout, and production of promotional materials.
· Be accountable for the performance of all marketing activities and closely control spend in accordance with the annual marketing budget.
· Prepare detailed reports on performance.
· Actively develop and mentor the rest of the team and find ways of facilitating consistent improvement within the department.
· BComm Marketing, Business or equivalent.
· 5 years’ experience in a senior management position.
· Exposure to all forms of media channels e.g. television, print, radio, outdoor, digital, direct marketing.
· A proven track record of successfully managing a substantial budget.
· A relentlessly positive attitude.
· Strategic thinking and creativity.
· Strong numeracy.
· Excellent inter-personal skills.
· An understanding of project management.
· Tech-savvy and fully competent in the Microsoft suite.
· A hunger for personal development.
· Excellent communication & presentation skills.
What would set you apart?
· Relevant Post Graduate qualification.
· A proven history of continued learning.
· Experience in Financial Services/FMCG/Retail environment in a marketing and brand management capacity.
· An animal lover.
· A commitment to learning the company culture and adopting it wholeheartedly.
· Being a team-player.
This is a dream opportunity to live and work on the Garden Route in a company that operates at a big city pace.